Available in cases of: 50 x 110g, 24 x 250g and 10 x 750g sized sheets.
Coeliac - No
Lactose Intolerant - Yes
Vegan - Yes
Vegetarian - Yes
Download nutritional information and product specifications below:
- Focaccia Romana should be stored in a freezer at –18°C, until required
- For best results remove bread from the outer case, but keep in the food grade liner, and defrost in a refrigerator overnight
- Alternatively, to defrost for use straight away, remove the bread from the box and allow to defrost at room temperature
- Unused breads can be kept in a refrigerator, in the food grade bag, for up to 2 days, do not refreeze
- The Focaccia Romana can be used as a cold, open sandwich, a hot or cold (closed) sandwich carrier, or a pizza base
- If using as a cold open sandwich carrier without a sauce, bake at 280°C for 5 minutes before topping and serving
- If using as a cold or hot sandwich carrier with sauce, spread a sauce over the surface, bake at 280°C for 5 minutes then add various toppings. If serving cold, it’s ready to serve; if serving hot, re-bake at 180°C for 5 a further minutes and serve
- If using as a pizza base, top as desired, bake at 280°C for 7 minutes and serve
- NB All times are approximate, temperatures will vary depending on your oven and type of toppings used
Originally produced in central Italy, Focaccia Romana is created from a simple dough, with a 92% liquid to flour ratio, which produces an extremely light, open structured bread.
During its production Focaccia Romana undergoes many stages of hand-crafting, as the dough is too difficult to be handled by machine, before being rested and proved. This results in a product which captures all of the features of classic, Italian bread, now available part-baked and frozen for the ultimate in convenience.
Pan’Artisan – exclusive supplier of frozen Focaccia Romana to the commercial UK catering and foodservice trade.