Pizza Bases for Schools
Our Brown Pizza Bases are available in cases of 10 x 12” and 8 x 16” rounds and both Brown and White bases are available in cases of 10 x 15” x 11” rectangles for easy portion control.
Coeliac - No
Lactose intolerant - Yes
Vegan - Yes
Vegetarian - Yes
All Pizza Bases should be stored in a freezer at –18°C, until required.
- For best results remove pizza bases from the outer case, but keep in the food grade liner, and defrost in a refrigerator overnight
- Alternatively, to defrost for use straight away, remove the pizza bases from the box and allow to defrost at room temperature for between 20-60 minutes, depending on the thickness of base
- Take care when separating the paper interleaves
- Unused pizza bases can be kept in a refrigerator, in the food grade bag, for up to 3 days, do not refreeze
- Remove all packaging and place the pizza base on a tray or in a suitable sized pizza pan, which has been lightly brushed with oil
- Spread the pizza base with pizza sauce, to ¼” (6mm) from the edge
- Sprinkle with a little grated cheese, then the topping of your choice (place cooked toppings on first, and any raw toppings on last to ensure they are perfectly cooked). Finally top with more grated cheese
- Cooking times may vary, depending on oven and thickness of pizza base used, but as a general guide, cook until the cheese is golden brown
- For food safety, a core temperature of 75°C or above must be achieved for a minimum of 30 seconds
NB Whilst we do not recommend storing in ambient conditions, if kept covered, pizza bases can be stored in a cool place and used within 3 days.
Pizza bases that kids love and are good for them too. We have created two pizza bases especially for schools; our ‘Deep Pan White’ and our ‘Deep Pan Brown with 25% Wholemeal’ are extremely popular with both schools and students alike. Encouraging children to eat healthier couldn’t get easier.
As with all our pizza bases, they are hand-finished and made using the very best ingredients; they contain no GM products, artificial flavours or preservatives. They are low in fat and have a reduced salt content of 0.75% to ensure they comply with nutrient-based Government standards.
Pan'Artisan - manufacturers and suppliers of healthier frozen pizza bases for schools to the commercial UK catering and foodservice trade.